Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Adults please read...looking for advice on a sticky dating situation...thank you!?

I've been seeing a guy for three months. I'm 30 he's 34. We really hit it off on all levels, he's so thoughtful, fixes everything in my house,texts me throughout the day, just very thoughtful.I thought it was nice to have a guy not pressure me into a serious relationship but now after brining up the exclusivity talk he says he is not ready.a)because he got out of a 5 yr relationship 1 yr ago and wants to be sure before getting into another and b)he is going away for military training due to a promotion for 8 months in May and is scared because his last gf freaked out whenever he left. I've never had a guy want to take it slow so it concerns me.I'm trying to be patient but it scares me to emotionally invest and risk getting hurt. He's really good to me, this is really the only issue but to me it's a big one.I feel like we could have a really good thing but fear if he isn't sure now, he will never be. How long should I give him? Suggestions on how to deal with him? I feel sort of lost.Adults please read...looking for advice on a sticky dating situation...thank you!?
Wow...this is a tough one, but if he said himself he is not ready for anything serious, than you pretty much have your answer there. Would you be able to deal with it when he leaves for 8mths...let me tell you, from experience,its very tough being with a military guy especially when he's away. Just enjoy what time you have with him, live for the moment, and if you guys are still together when he gets back, than you know this was meant to be. Good luck!Adults please read...looking for advice on a sticky dating situation...thank you!?
You should take it slow. It's about time! Just let it go - why do you feel to put a ';rush'; on things?!?!
If you be patient, you are probably better off ending it before your relationship gets too serious. You shouldn't try to change yourself or him for the relationship to work.





Good Luck!
He's telling you that you are going to get hurt if you invest. He wants his freedom when he is away. He wants you on his term but you know that's not the way it works. Ask yourself, ';What would a woman with self respect, confidence and a few good men insight do?'; She'd move on! Don't screw him anymore. How can you have a relationship with a guy that's not there most of the year? You know you can't. I can hear it in your writings. And don't buy into that, ';I just got out of a long relationship crap!'; It's just an excuse. Believe me!!!! There's a million guys out there that would love to fix your pipes! His loss, bu-bye! Move on, girlfriend! You deserve better.

No comments:

Post a Comment