Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dating a best friend....advice?!?

Dating one of your best friends sounds SO cliche and like half the romantic comedy movies out there. But this is serious question!


I met Chris when I was a sophomore in high school. We were in a college prep group where we spent 5 weeks out of the summer together taking classes to help us get ready for college.


We went to a VERY small high school and we became friends. We also worked at the same grocery store for almost three years.


About two and half years ago, word got out that he liked me. But we just continued to get close, as friends. He was too shy, and I made it clear that I wasn't interested in him THAT way.


Then the summer before I went away to college I decided I liked. him. Again that phase passed. Since then, we've gotten even closer.


I actually got married to someone his sister had dated, which turned out to be abusive. I'm almost legally divorced at the age of 21.


We've both been through several hardships in life, and we've remained friends. I have no intentions of rushing things along, but I'm wondering, if we were able to stay so close for so many years, and still to this day, if we would be able to make it work as a couple? He dosn't know how I feel, and I'm still trying to figure that out myself.


I'm sorry this is so long! I just had to fill everyone in on our history. I would appreciate any thoughts, stories, advice...anything.


We're both still working towards degrees, and it will be a few years before anything will change. He's about to start med school, and I have lots of work to catch up on to get my degree...so we'd have a long wayto go but I would just like any advice here! Thanks in advance.


Dating a best friend....advice?!?
You have to be friends before you can be anything else. If you have that then you have everything. Also remember this, once you have had a relationship with a best friend, if it doesn't work out you can never go back to being best friends. Don't rush things. Take it slow and give it time to work itself out. Dating a best friend....advice?!?
Be with him?
Wow. that story is so romantic.





if you ask me, i think you're meant to be. yes, its rather cliche as you said, but you've been so close for so long, i don't see how you're not meant to be with him.





i would tell him how you feel because if you don't, you could lose him to someone else. you'd regret not telling him in the future. if you begin dating, see where you go and maybe there's something more than friendship between you two. if it doesn't turn out so great, at least you tried, right? you wouldn't spend later years thinking 'what if?'





i'll be honest and tell you that i have no clue about relationships, but i just wanted to give you my input.

No comments:

Post a Comment