Thursday, July 29, 2010

I NEED ADVICE on this serious dating situation.?

I have been using eharmony and match for the past year. I finally met a handsome and nice guy online. We have been talking online and on the phone for about 1 week now and were planning to meet.





Two days ago, he informed me that he was in a skiing accident early last year and is a paraplegic and in a wheelchair. He has zero use of his lower body (including his genit als) and will never walk again. This means he cannot walk or have intercourse.





I have never encountered a situation like this in my whole life. He never said that he was in a wheelchair in his online profile or any of the conversation. In fact, his profile says he is active and he likes to ski, scuba, and travel the world.





In relationships, intimacy is very important. I also want to have kids one day. He cannot use his lower body at all.





I also feel kind of betrayed. It isn't the fact that he is disabled as much as dishonest.





Then, of course I feel like a jerk for not wanting to date him.





HELPI NEED ADVICE on this serious dating situation.?
If he is lying and is trying to check your reaction I would be very careful with him because he could turn out to be a manipulator that will constantly be testing you.





I am sorry you are going through this situation but you have to be honest with yourself and if this is something you don't think you can live with then I would not even meet him.I NEED ADVICE on this serious dating situation.?
First of all he could be lien to you. He might want to see if you will show up. He could be thinking if something was to happen and lets say you two got in a relationship, are you going to be the type of person to leave.And if he is not lien and he really is in a wheelchair,people in wheelchairs do a lot of things. Maybe he doe's scuba and travel the world. You need to check it out. If you do it don't mean your doing wrong if you don't want to date. That what dating is to see if this is the person you can spend 30yrs +yrs with.So don't feel bad if you have your further plan out and he is limited to your needs. You have to do whats right for you. But at the same time you don't have to be mean. Like I said he could be lien to test you. And besides you only been talking to him for one week. You owe him nothing.
People tend to lie a lot on line too bad you put your heart into it he obviously didn't, he probably told u that to see what your reaction would be , a lot of players on line there are some serious people but most of them are players.He probably doesn't want to meet u and figured this was his only way out.
I think what you are feeling is natural. If this guy was disabled he should have told you that upfront. Also you know you want intimacy and kids, so before you can raise his expectations, I would cancel the date. You need to find a guy that fits your needs. Good luck.
sorry
Well if you want to have kids and he cant...





There is not future for this relationship.
well maybe u can go on a date with him


see whats he is like


and maybe get a sperm donator or something if u want to have kids


but the choice is urs
Meet the man and tell him whats important to you for the future he may turn out to be the best friend you ever had, continue to meet other men. I know his dishonesty is a big factor but consider his situation what would you have done in his place.
A similar thing happened to me this week. Except we weren't planning to meet. We emailed back and forth a few times and then he told me he was in a wheelchair.





I emailed him that I think he should've disclosed it much sooner and that I perceived him as being dishonest since he felt the need to hide who he was.





It isn't that he was disabled, but dishonest.

No comments:

Post a Comment