Thursday, July 29, 2010

Does anyone have advice for online dating?

There is a girl that I have been talking to for about three days on an online dating sight that I belong to. I'd say we really hit it off. She is the one who contacted me first. The first day she got back to me very quickly, and the next two days she contacted me at least twice. That was Friday-Sunday of last week.





The other day I sent her an email asking for her number so we could set something up for the weekend. It's been two days and I haven't heard back from her. I said it was no big deal if she didn't want to give it to me.





Should I just assume that she is busy, or was she perhaps turned off by the fact I asked for her phone number? How long should I wait to email her again? Should I ask for her phone number again, if she does get back to me?Does anyone have advice for online dating?
I used an on-line dating site for awhile (met my husband there!). There is kind of an unwritten rule that you volley the correspondence this early in the game. That is, you send a message, she sends a reply, you send a reply, etc., each taking turns. When someone doesn't take their turn, it's generally understood that they are no longer interested. There could be any number of reasons why she hasn't answered you back, but unless she chooses to get in touch, you should probably drop it.





For the future, I wouldn't worry too much about asking for a phone number after e-mailing for a few days. That's perfectly acceptable to move things to a phone call once an e-mail rapport has been established. In fact, it's not good practice to continue an e-mail exchange only for too long.





Best wishes to you. On-line dating can be a challenge, but it can also be very rewarding. Try not to take things personally, and understand that there are always things you don't know about why someone behaves the way they do.Does anyone have advice for online dating?
I have no experience with this, but all I'm going to say is be careful. My mom found her boyfriend through online dating, and she seems to be happy with him.





I would say just give it time. You should tell her that you didn't mean in rushing for her phone number and just want to get to know her better. Just email her or something and be like hey, hows it going? All that kind of stuff. But really don't freak out and just give it time. If she doesn't work out, there are many other girls out there for you. Trust me.
dont give out your address, or last name you never know whos on the other side even if you saw the persons picture


i once was ';datin'; someone who i met online and turns out the pictures they had posted wasnt them at all


usually people on the internet arent serious at all


so instead get out and meet people for real!
before you do anything, get her picture, not one from 10 years ago, an updated one. i have from experience know that when they are asked if they are attractive, they say yes, and come to find out, she is ...how do i be nice....not that good looking.
Online dating is not the best resource for getting a date, try a club, that way you meet that person up close and personal the first time you talk to her.
Don't, just don't internet date.


You don't know how she is like in real.


You haven't been speaking to her long enough to be too close too.


My tip is to lay off the dating sites.
the best thing to do is wait!!!! be patient maybe shes busy, or maybe she might find it to be to soon to give out personal info.
oh shes found someone else to chat to, sorry.
people don't take online dating seriously in general


get out and meet real people
JUST BE CAREFUL
its probably a scam son


plus most of the chicks online are loons!
Consider every online partner an April Fool's joke. 99% of them are.
Ok there could be a couple of things going on here. Yes this could be a weekend only fascination with her, maybe not having time during the week to get involved.


OR


She could be in a relationship, and is moonlighting online to get attention she may not be getting from her current situation, and was spooked.


OR


Maybe she was not altogether truthful about some aspects of her profile, and you spooked her.





I would wait until the weekend before you really write her off.





I actually had success in online dating, and have been with my fiancee` for three years now.
Maybe she is having second thoughts. Not specifically about you, but maybe herself. Many people online tend to lie about their lives and especially about their looks- Maybe she lied to you about something and when it started getting more ';real'; she started having second thoughts. Email her again now, ask her what is going on and be straightforward. Online dating has completely different rules, people generally know what they want- Usually a hook- up or a real date, for potential relationship. Be a man, email her ask her what is going on, and if she wants to meet you or not!
that was kind of quick to ask for her number, especially since she barely knows you. You do have to remember that if a girl gives you her phone number she trusts you enough not to stalk her. (not that you would). But it'd be prudent not to give out her number like that.





I think that she was turned off by the phone number request. I mean unless she was really into you, it'd be hard to expect her to give out her digits just like that - especially with all the creeps out there online. Online dating is a little different than in person. you could ask for her number in person, since she could see you. But online there are so many unknowns that it takes time before you could get to that point.





Whenever you're not sure as to whether to ask for her number or not, give her yours and tell her to call you sometime. If she calls you'd know she's interested. If she gives you hers, then you're really in good shape. Otherwise move on.





I hope this helps. Good luck.





PS - please answer my question:


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090401122128AAeSnJz

No comments:

Post a Comment