Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Advice for me dating an older guy...?

I've just recently starting going out with a guy that's 6 years older than me. I'm 19 (20 in a couple months) and he's 25 (turning 26 later in the year). We met because we both are really into music and love the same music and it's a huge part of us. I've never found someone as much into music as I am until now. The question though is that I don't know how to introduce him to my parents/family because I'm afraid my mom will freak out about how much older he is than me and get paranoid and worried and that type of thing. Does anyone have any idea how to introduce him without my mom freaking out like that. And also if anyone has just general advice of dating an older guy (that would be much appreciated right now).Advice for me dating an older guy...?
In regards to introducing him to your parents and family.. well, talk about him, the good things he does for you and the successful things he does, his hobbies and interests and friendships.





Let them know early on that he's older, but if you are positive about him then they will be more easily able to accept him.





Note; freaking out at your parents shows immaturity, so if they don't like it anyways and you freak out at them.. it only makes your parents feel that they are indeed right, and you are an immature teenager. So really, be mature about the situation, and they will have more respect for you and the decisions you make.Advice for me dating an older guy...?
Just introduce them. They might be a little upset at first but once they see how good he treats you and how happy you are then they will get used to it. I am 20 and in a 2 1/2 year relationship with a 40 year old. I am also pregnant with our second child. It gets hard some times but the older ones are always the ones that know how to treat you better and will be more serious with you. They are much better to settle down with...
The obvious thing is to avoid talking about ages. Just warn him up front not to bring it up, but he also shouldn't lie about it if asked. I suspect your reading way too much into this. That kind of difference is not that big a deal at your age or you are much more immature than your 19 years.
I don't think you have to worry a bit about him being 6 years older. Actually, I think that's a very common age difference. I really don't think your mom will be worried about his age. It could even be she will react positively.
just dont tell her his age... if she asks then you do. Its not that big of a deal if you are both really into each other. once you tell her chances are she'll be too caught offgaurd to bug you about it at all (if you say it with him there).
Just dont mention the age to her, let her get to know him as a person, and if she likes him and approves of him then age wont matter.
5 years is not a lot, i dated guy that 10, 11 and 12 years older than me and i am just 19, just dont tell them till your sure they can see past it.
they are mor mature than younger ones so when you are with one they will know how to treat you but you also have to watch out for them because most of them play younger gurls!!!!
older guys tend to date younger women because they know they are easier
don't do it, he's too old for you
pleas eanswer my latest question i really need help

No comments:

Post a Comment